I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all had a lovely day spent with your loved ones, eating yummy food. What is everyone's favorite Thanksgiving food? Mine is Apple Pie! When I get the chance, I love to bake! To me baking is so relaxing and it is fun to make food for the people you love. I wanted to share my favorite apple pie recipe with you all.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 box prepared pie crust or homemade
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 8 cups of your apples of choice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar (reserved)
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON APPLE PIE
- Preheat the oven to 425-degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the apple pieces with the flour, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Let them sit while preparing the crust.
- Line the bottom of a pie plate with one piece of the crust. Spoon the apple mixture into the pie plate. Cut the butter into small pieces and place on top of the pie.
- You can decorate the top of your pie ow you would like to. I did a Turkey today for Thanksgiving!
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Brush the top of the pie with the egg wash.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. Gently, poke a knife through the top to see i the apples are soft/cooked.
- Remove to a cooling rack and let set for 10-15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! I am thankful for the chance to do what I love everyday and to be a small part of so many happy memories. Thank you all for the chance to be your photographer.